Agricultural Water Rate Programs
Permanent Special Agricultural Water Rate (PSAWR)
SFID has launched the Permanent Special Agricultural Rate (PSAWR) effective September 1, 2021. Current customers of the commercial agricultural program may transition to the PSWAR program if they desire. Current Commercial Agriculture customers who do not transition will remain in the existing program.
The PSAWR is a program created by the San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA) in recognition of the economic benefit of agriculture to the region. This is a pass-thru program that SFID will implement and manage. SFID customers benefit from a reduced cost of water in exchange for less reliability. In the event the region goes into supply allocations under a shortage action plan, PSAWR customers will be asked to cut back on their use. Customers will be contacted before a cutback takes place, and will be given a timeline, parameters and pertinent information regarding a requested reduction in use.
To enroll in the program, customers must
- Meet the eligibility requirements (listed below) from the San Diego County Water Authority
- Read and fill out the SDCWA application (fill-able form)
- Read and fill out the SFID agreement (fill-able form)
- Pay the application fee of $34 to Santa Fe Irrigation District
- Return all documents to SFID staff in one of three ways: -
In person: 5920 Linea del Cielo, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Mail: PO Box 409, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067
Staff will then contact you via email to confirm your participation and the date the rate will begin based on billing cycle
To be eligible, customer’s commercial agricultural operation must be included on ONE of the following lists:
- Growers List
- Active Certified Producers List
- Organic Producers List
- Regional Board General Agricultural Order Enrollment List
The uniform rate for all agricultural water use is $5.09 per HCF. Single-family residential customers will have their first 44 HCF billed at the regular rate(s).
Frequently Asked Questions (link)